Me, in introductory bullet form:
- I’ve been working remotely for 21 years as a web designer and front-end developer. I wrote a book about my remote work experience, created artofworkingremotely.com, and moderate a weekly twitter #remotechat. I’ve had the good fortune of having two awesome office pets: First came Snowball, and now I have Phoebe.
- I am so lucky to work just ten paces away from my wife Amy’s commercial bakery. The Emoticakes kitchen is always turning out something delicious. How many workplaces have cookie dough as a perk?
- I’m creative: I love acting, playing guitar and singing, writing, and musing about pretty much anything on this web site. I dabble in illustration and post some things on dribbble. I drew daily in 2016; the #365DayDraw helped me be creative every day.
- I’m into fitness, as is my family. I write about fitness and running a lot, and also about swimming and hiking. Amy also writes about her fitness exploits at skirtrunner.com. She’s a middle school teacher and built a pretty comprehensive site for her middle school math classes.
- If you’re familiar with the Ithaca area in upstate New York, you may have heard about Taughannock Falls State Park. Taughannock is the tallest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. I love the park so much, I built a web site about it at taughannock.us.
Want to know more? How about a coffee, virtual or IRL? My contact details are in this page’s sidebar … let’s talk!