Me, in introductory bullet form:
The Art of Working Remotely
- I've been working remotely since 1998 as a web designer and front-end developer. I wrote a book about remote work, created artofworkingremotely.com, and moderate the weekly #RemoteChat on Twitter. I've had the good fortune of having two awesome office pets: First Snowball, and now Phoebe.
- How many workplaces have cookie dough as a perk? I work ten paces away from my wife Amy's commercial bakery. The Emoticakes kitchen is always turning out something delicious.
- I act, play guitar, sing, write, and write random stuff on this web site. I dabble in illustration and post some things on dribbble. I drew daily in 2016, too.
- I write most often about fitness. If you've raced with me, either running or triathlon, you know that I enjoy writing the post-race report just as much as racing! See my race schedule for details, and enjoy my running, swimming and hiking posts. I track my workouts on Strava. Amy writes about her fitness exploits at skirtrunner.com. She's a middle school teacher and built a pretty comprehensive site for her middle school math classes.
- If you're familiar with upstate New York, you may have heard about Taughannock Falls State Park. Taughannock is the tallest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. I love the park so much, I built a web site about it at taughannock.us.
Most Recent Posts
September 14, 2020I've used the Run Less, Run Faster half marathon plans before, so when I calculated out where a 16-week plan would land, it put me squarely at the end of Christmas week.
September 5, 2020Thirteen weeks of an intense (for me) running schedule left me in need of a reset button. I pushed it.
September 4, 2020I've been taking a walk twice a week since the last week of May. As a way to aid the intentional part of the walk, I made a point to take a picture of something I found remarkable each day.
If were were stuck in an elevator for more than a few minutes, I'd also share these featured posts with you to pass the time.
- How To Create Interactive Maps with React and Leaflet 2020
- Dawson Family Marathon: Pandemic Edition 2020
- Building a Custom Cake Order Form with React 2019
- Skunk Cabbage Half Marathon 2018 2018
- Backyard Barrel Sauna Project: A Suburban Oasis 2017
- Cayuga Trails 50: A Second Helping 2017
- #365DayDraw: Challenge Completed 2016
- Chris Bond 5K 2016: On Life, Love, and Winning 2016
- Improve Your Backyard: Install a Shade Sail 2015
- Finger Lakes 50K 2014 2014
Want to know more? How about a coffee, virtual or IRL? Contact me.