Me, in introductory bullet form:
The Art of Working Remotely
- I've been working remotely since 1998 as a web designer and front-end developer. I wrote a book about remote work, created artofworkingremotely.com, and moderate the weekly #RemoteChat on Twitter. I've had the good fortune of having two awesome office pets: First Snowball, and now Phoebe.
- How many workplaces have cookie dough as a perk? I work ten paces away from my wife Amy's commercial bakery. The Emoticakes kitchen is always turning out something delicious.
- I act, play guitar, sing, write, and write random stuff on this web site. I dabble in illustration and post some things on dribbble. I drew daily in 2016, too.
- I write most often about fitness. If you've raced with me, either running or triathlon, you know that I enjoy writing the post-race report just as much as racing! See my race schedule for details, and enjoy my running, swimming and hiking posts. I track my workouts on Strava. Amy writes about her fitness exploits at skirtrunner.com. She's a middle school teacher and built a pretty comprehensive site for her middle school math classes.
- If you're familiar with upstate New York, you may have heard about Taughannock Falls State Park. Taughannock is the tallest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. I love the park so much, I built a web site about it at taughannock.us.
Most Recent Posts
October 25, 2020I read about static site generators like Hugo and Eleventy and saw the light. After some quick reads on comparing the leading contenders, I rolled up my sleeves with Eleventy.
October 16, 2020If you're a numbers geek AND a fitness geek like me, you've wanted to export Strava data. You've realized with dismay that Strava doesn't have any kind of export function for the hard-earned workouts you've uploaded.
September 14, 2020I've used the Run Less, Run Faster half marathon plans before, so when I calculated out where a 16-week plan would land, it put me squarely at the end of Christmas week.
If were were stuck in an elevator for more than a few minutes, I'd also share these featured posts with you to pass the time.
- How To Create Interactive Maps with React and Leaflet 2020
- Dawson Family Marathon: Pandemic Edition 2020
- Building a Custom Cake Order Form with React 2019
- Skunk Cabbage Half Marathon 2018 2018
- Backyard Barrel Sauna Project: A Suburban Oasis 2017
- Cayuga Trails 50: A Second Helping 2017
- #365DayDraw: Challenge Completed 2016
- Chris Bond 5K 2016: On Life, Love, and Winning 2016
- Improve Your Backyard: Install a Shade Sail 2015
- Finger Lakes 50K 2014 2014
Want to know more? How about a coffee, virtual or IRL? Contact me.