Me, in introductory bullet form:
The Art of Working Remotely
- I've been working remotely since 1998 as a web designer and front-end developer. I wrote a book about remote work, created artofworkingremotely.com, and moderate the weekly #RemoteChat on Twitter. I've had the good fortune of having two awesome office pets: First Snowball, and now Phoebe.
- How many workplaces have cookie dough as a perk? I work ten paces away from my wife Amy's commercial bakery. The Emoticakes kitchen is always turning out something delicious.
- I act, play guitar, sing, write, and write random stuff on this web site. I dabble in illustration and post some things on dribbble. I drew daily in 2016, too.
- I write most often about fitness. If you've raced with me, either running or triathlon, you know that I enjoy writing the post-race report just as much as racing! See my race schedule for details, and enjoy my running, swimming and hiking posts. I track my workouts on Strava. Amy writes about her fitness exploits at skirtrunner.com. She's a middle school teacher and built a pretty comprehensive site for her middle school math classes.
- If you're familiar with upstate New York, you may have heard about Taughannock Falls State Park. Taughannock is the tallest single-drop waterfall east of the Rocky Mountains. I love the park so much, I built a web site about it at taughannock.us.
If were were stuck in an elevator for more than a few minutes, I'd share these special projects with you to pass the time.
May 28, 2020After being dedicated mountain pass holders, then Ikon pass holders, then nomads purchasing advance tickets, I thought it'd be cool to create a map-based way of discovering new ski resorts.
May 25, 2020We hatched our plan to run a local marathon distance after our Memorial Day plans were scrapped due to the coronavirus pandemic.
December 29, 2019I started programming in React when we adopted a React-based framework at my day job earlier this year. My wife's bakery needed to have a better order form. I reasoned that I could take her Google Form and improve the experience.
More Cool Stuff
- Skunk Cabbage Half Marathon 2018 2018
- Backyard Barrel Sauna Project: A Suburban Oasis 2017
- Cayuga Trails 50: A Second Helping 2017
- #365DayDraw: Challenge Completed 2016
- Chris Bond 5K 2016: On Life, Love, and Winning 2016
- Improve Your Backyard: Install a Shade Sail 2015
- Finger Lakes 50K 2014
Want to know more? How about a coffee, virtual or IRL? Contact me.