I have been working on my writing since early 2017, and have two books in varying stages of completion. The first is a book about remote work, and I’m working on getting it published. The second is a book for tween readers, and is being enjoyed by several beta readers as I write this.
In the meantime, I enjoy writing longer posts on this site, and have plans to publish other creative fiction and poetry in the coming months and years. My wife and I have been getting up at 5 each morning, spending a half hour doing things that need doing. For me, that time of day is ripe for getting good writing done. It’s quiet, peaceful, and caffeine-fueled time. The perfect ingredients for a good story.
Here are some writing pieces from this site. Not surprisingly, mostly about running!
- Hartshorne Memorial Masters Mile 2018
- My First FLRC Track Meet
- On Life, Love and Winning a 5K
- My Childhood Battle with Osteomyelitis
- Driver vs. Runner: Learning on the Run with the Trumansburg Police
- Cayuga Trails 50: A Second Helping
- Cayuga Lake Triathlon 2017
- Flower City Half Marathon 2017
- Gorges Ithaca Half Marathon 2017
- Syracuse Half Marathon 2016 (syra-crazy!)
- Green Lakes Endurance Runs (GLER) 50K
- New York City Marathon 2014
- Finger Lakes 50K
My #365DayDraw project also had a writing component. Each month, I wrote a story to accompany the winning drawing, as chosen on social media. The collection of twelve stories was therefore improvised over a year, very much informed by my own sketches.
- January: Headwall
- February: Darkness
- March: Illumination
- April: Pasta No More
- May: School of Thought
- June: Lila Jane
- July: The Picnic
- August: Maternal Me
- September: Awakening
- October: Samuel
- November: The Big Vote
- December: Sweet Dreams